Monday, August 20, 2007

too much of a good thing


Yes, we were hoping for a little wet weather....well, we got it.
We farm between the 9.23" and the 6.5". Yep...more than we needed.


Cindy asked what quilts I entered in the local fair. I entered the Bricks 'n Stones quilt and the Bullseye quilt. I'll just say that the gal taking the entries put the B'nStones quilt in the wrong category (it's their choice not mine) and the judge didn't like the Bullseye. Oh well.....at least I still got to take them home.

Did anybody else get zapped by Gmail? I lost EVERY message I had saved.....EVERY contact I had.....EVERYTHING! I finally got back into it this morning.....SOOOOooooo aggravating!

9 comments:

~Bren~ said...

Wow that is alot of rain. I know Linda at All Stitched Up got over 8" where she is!
What is Gmail? Sorry it affected you

Quilting Pirate said...

We are still behind in our rain, though it sure has felt like Autumn here the past few days - not complaining at all!

I haven't been "zapped" by gmail....just check to be sure, I hate loosing contact info and old emails!

Unknown said...

Do you realize we could be related? I have distant relatives in Geary. My grandma grew up there.

Hugs,
Melinda

Toni said...

Wow send some of that rain my way..we are getting a little drizzle but nothing like what we need...How did your quilts do at the fair..?? Toni

Unknown said...

Your quilts are beautiful! All my emails and contacts were lost by Gmail on my account a few months ago. I was so mad! I thought someone deleted them on purpose. All of the emails and contacts showed up again after a few weeks. So don't think all is lost. Marilyn

Kairle Oaks said...

We got a little rain, but could sure use some more. I guess I'd better be careful what I wish for considering that much of the country is under water!

Great quilts to enter into the fair. Good luck!

Jeanne said...

I think your fair entries were sure winners in my book! They both looked fantastic. I love the fan quilting on the Bricks & Stones quilt. That is one of my favorite patterns, too

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I saw Oklahoma's rain even on our news, so had to call and check on you. Is that Inches...in summer! What is wrong with the world's weather, how is your hay, were your crops off? Please give me a report, it actually interests us here, tracey

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

No rain here... things are wierd this summer depending on where you're located; feast or famine. We're dry as a bone. Sorry about the quilts, I think they're absolutely wonderful!