First I must say...Kaye is so sweet. She's one of those to-the-point talkers...she tells you what to do and this is the way to do it...I'm kinda that way and like other's who are too.
She told me several times tht I was so very tall, and I told her that she was just vertically challenged. She reminded me of my Mom..she raised 5 of her own..and you could tell in the way she gave directions that she ran a good house.
I also met the sweetest gal who sat next to me. We shared fabric, lunch and stories. She lives in the same town as my oldest, and has a longarm. We've already planned getting together again. I actually found somebody else who can sew and talk as fast as me!
The star on the left is one that I made (it needs pressing and trimming) and the one on the right is Kerry's (the other gal's). It gave a good picture of how fabric really makes a difference in the pattern. I have enough fabric to finish mine into a small quilt and this is definitely one I'll make several of. There are a couple of her patterns that I can teach now..and already have two classes lined up.
The other class I took was a bobbin embroidery class with Cindy Losekamp. She's in the picture on the very left. The class was from 5 to 8pm, and it took every bit of that time to finish the little bags we're holding. I love this technique and have always wanted somebody to show me how to do it. Cindy was very patient in helping us with the machines.
The quilt show..where the quilts actually were showed..was a bit of a disappointment to me. The show itself was put on by an outside company so a lot of local quilters didn't want to enter. I do have some pictures that I'll post later.
Milo harvest is calling my name!

8 comments:
Glad you enjoyed it and glad it is going to pay off for you. What ever you do, ENJOY it!
And you are tall, but anyone over 5 foot 4 is tall to me... wink...
I was at the quilt show too, for 2 whole days! I took Kaye Woods class on sewing techniques and tips and an all day class with Mark Lipinski. He is incredibly funny! I was very disappointed in the lack of quilts on display, however, there was such a nice variety of vendors, so they made up for it. It's too bad I didn't know you would be going. I would have loved to have met you! Maybe next year. ;)
Beautiful blocks...the contrast makes the pattern just perfect.
The small purse looks so regal with the fabrics.
Kaye Wood is going to be in Denver, teaching a certification class, too - but it is during the day on a wednesday so i won't be going - maybe next year.
i'm vertically challenged, too - but not horizontally - ha ha ha!
Lovely blocks and bag.
I'm another vertically challenged person :)
Who is in that photo with Kaye? (Please allow me to go collect my jaw - it is on the floor somewhere.)
Better believe I'll be there next year!
Ya know, when you talked about a bobbin embrodery class, I thought of bobbin lace... you probably thought I was nuts.
I'm 5'10", and I don't often find women my height or taller than me.
How fun that you got to meet her in person! I love here ideas...good luck on that milo...making harvest while the sun shines!
Post a Comment