Monday, January 25, 2010

Design Wall

Judy wants us to show what's up on our design wall at the start of each week. Sometimes the design wall has the same thing for weeks at a time, but thought I'd show what's currently up there.


I'm still debating if this spiderweb needs a black border before the red one or not. I gave up on the blue border, so that's no longer up there. The red is actually a small red plaid. I had plans on making more spiders, but the red/black stars is actually some (very) old Christmas fabric and this is as far as I could stretch it.
I've worked on this one long enough. It needs to be finished, so I can go onto my Kaye Wood blocks.

12 comments:

Just Another Quilter said...

Like the idea of a black border. Doesn't everything look better in black, I sure do.

Mary L. said...

I agree. A black border would really make it pop.

The Calico Cat said...

This pattern is on my short list. (HA, Ha, ha...)

Gari in AL said...

I like the idea of a black border to frame the spider web blocks and to give the eye a chance to stop whirling around.

Teaquilts said...

I think a black border first would be great too. Also, from photo, I think your top is a 5 x 6 grid. If you make it a 7 x 8 grid (if not too big) you could make blocks with that red border fabric putting those blocks around the center you already have pieced. I think that would mean making 26 more blocks though. Either way, it's a gorgeous quilt you are making.

Teri said...

I like a narrow black and then the red. The black would stop the eye from running into the border

Quilter Kathy said...

I agree with Teri...a narrow black, but a darker one than you have up there if possible, then the red.
It's gorgeous! Reminds me that I have a similar UFO that I wish I would dig up and finish!

Vivian said...

I agree -- add a black border before the red. Then a black binding would tie it all together and look great.

Silverthimble said...

I love your quilt! This pattern is on my very long "someday" list! Are you piecing onto paper or fabric?

Marla said...

I think a black border would make this just POP!

Linda said...

I agree with everybody else. It definitely needs a black border, then continue with the red. I love this spiderweb. Good job...

Mama Spark said...

I LOVE how this came out. This quilt is on my "to do" list!