Tuesday, April 15, 2008

One ugly finish.

DH's cousin recently has her first child (a leap year baby) and asked for a camo quilt. Okay...I'm a little slow, but a camo baby quilt? This is what I came up with. Glad it's going out of state (without a label) and she tells nobody who made it.

The camo squares are 8", so that gives you an idea about how big it is. It's all flannel--no batting and camo flannel on the back-- so it'll make a nice snuggly-ugly quilt.





13 comments:

Amelia said...

Camo for babies is an "in thing" I suppose. Our grandson and his wife wanted and received all sorts of camo items to use in the babies room. Camo for the sheets, diaper bag, etc.

What ever happened to baby like things - children grow up too fast anyway....but then I am an old granny and what do I know....ha-ha-ha!


Amelia in Oklahoma

jacquie said...

Camo baby...someone is living on another planet. But like Amelia said...what do I know!

Kristie said...

Okay, I guess I have to be the odd ball here but I think it is cute! Of course, camo is not for everyone, but it is the NOW thing. I'm sure they will love it!
Kristie

Anonymous said...

and don't forget. what you think is an ugly quilt is just as warm as a frilly, perfect one.

I think you did a heck of a job on it, Saska, considering you don't like it. So there! LOL

xxoo
neen

Linda said...

Ok, I hate to say that anything you do by hand and take your precious time and efforts to do is ugly but...Anyway, you got it out of the way and now you can go back to doing your beautiful work...Take care and don't work too hard. Are you doing the Orange Crush quilt or are you too busy with the farm? Quilty hugs, Linda

Tazzie said...

I have to tell you ... my son would LOVE that quilt!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Lily Mulholland said...

Sure is a boy's boy quilt! And it will be very snuggly :D

Ruth's Place said...

I like it, but maybe for a pre-teen rather than a baby.

Gizmo said...

You did a great job! And at least the baby will be warm. :) I can't see camo for babies, but I don't have any either. Thankfully, my friend is doing Winnie the Pooh. :)

Doodlebug Gail said...

While I wouldn't ever have wanted one of these I do think that it has its place in today's baby world - I've seen a lot of very upmarket camo diaper bags at shows recently.

Bet it'll be enjoyed and loved by the new baby.

Katie said...

Ugly maybe...well probably...oh heck. It's ugly. But it'll be well loved I'm sure. :-)

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Snuggly-ugly! LOL! But - exactly what the Momma wanted. Well, my Nana always did say - "takes all kinds to make the world turn!".

Cheers!
Evelyn

Anonymous said...

not sure for baby....but my 9yo would LOVE it!! He lives in camo. lol