Thursday, November 23, 2006

Twenty Seven Years


Yes, twenty seven years ago these two people said "I do" on this day. Back in 1979, the 23rd was the day after Thanksgiving and we've always had to share our arriversary with lots of relatives.

It's ironic that we've started a lot of milestones on our anniversary, and this year is no exception. We're starting a new home for us to live in the remainder of our lives.


Remember the trees I showed in my last post that were being cut down? I thought I'd show that they are on top of the ground now. They will be cleared away this weekend and the spot will be leveled off.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with a housefull of kids. Isn't that the way an anniversary-holiday is best spent?!
Happy anniversary honey....and yes, paying the backhoe bill will be a wonderful anniversary present!

5 comments:

Clare said...

What a lovely post - happy anniversary.

Linda C said...

Happy Anniversary! And how exciting for you all to be planning your new home!

Jo Raines said...

Happy Anniversary! It's great to see a couple so happy and still together when the statistics out there are so bad. My DH and I have been married 21 and we're praying for many, many more. I pray the same for you.

Doodlebug Gail said...

Better late than never .... Happy Anniversary and here's to many more happy years for you both. Happy Thanksgiving as well - glad you had a good day with all your kids.

Shelina said...

A belated Happy Anniversary to you. And you are right, starting a new house is a great way to start the next 23 years of your marriage!