Thursday, November 30, 2006

November Cold Day

I know it's winter, but I still don't like the cold. Woke up this morning to a howling wind of 60mph and blowing snow. We don't usually get this type of storm until January or February. So, whoever left the north barn door open would you please shut it?



Most of the schools in our area were shut down as were the schools in the metro OKCity area. If it was just snow it wouldn't be so bad, but when we get storms the ice and sleet usually come first. We're just Okie's...we don't drive well in snow and we know it. We stay home.
Luckily our calves were smart enough to come up to the barn and get in the shelter. Dh puts hay out to intice them into staying. Even this old woman was smart enough to stay home from work. After I called in and asked if anybody else showed up, one of the guys told me to stay put. Most of our offices were shut down because of the road conditions. Yep, us Okies know when to stay home.


It was a good day to work on my embroidery. I have all of the squares done for a baby blanket I'm working on. (the pictures shows some of them) The reproduction fabric is in the washer and I have a bunch of 3 1/2 inch squares to cut to finish the top. My niece isn't due to May, but the hand quilting can be slow and cold weather puts me in the mood to do hand work.



It's in the forecast to get 5-10" of the stuff. We'll see how far off they get. The funny part about our snow...it comes in sideways.....

8 comments:

The Bashams said...

Looks like you posted your snow pictures about the same time I did. We stayed home too. We had 8" in the front yard at 5 p.m.

Pam said...

oooh aaah...I love snow and just don't get enough of it...there is NEVER enough snow!!

Doodlebug Gail said...

Oh my - look at that snow! And you won't believe this but we haven't had our first snow yet this year ......

Lovely embroidery - so very pretty, can't wait to see how you put it together. Glad you got so much done at home today.

Tazzie said...

Gosh, look at that snow! It'd be a very strange day for it to snow here, I'd like to see it just once.
Your blocks are really lovely. Is it 30's repros that you're putting with them?
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Mary Johnson said...

I know I'm going to regret saying this but I want some snow too! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that when I get back up to Minneapolis at Christmas time we'll have a white Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for your poor dog! Why can't he or she be inside when it is so cold? I wouldn't be showing pictures of my dog if that was how I treated him.

KC Quilter said...

Oooh, your top photo with the windmill in it is absolutely gorgeous! I think it would be neat enlarged and framed. Stay warm.

Susan said...

No snow here yet. I am waiting however. Did get the winter drapes hung to keep out the drafts.

Good pictures of you and the family and ranch......