
I took this from my bedroom window, so you know how close he was to my house. Yes it woke me up(dh was already gone) but didn't aggravate me in the least. He told DH that he wanted to have all of the concrete and stumps gone today. May take another trip to get everything leveled up.
Thought I'd show what I've been working on. Sewing has been far and few around here with a housefull of company, but since there's a deadline on these banners they've got to get done.
They're only 5" wide and 42" long but the poly/satin fabric is a booger to work with. I put iron on interfacing on the back of each piece and that helped, but it still has the wiggles when you sew it down. I'm debating on whether to put tassle at the bottom of them. The pastor suggested them, but all I can find is gold. I did find some white-pearl cotton yard and am going to try to make one and see how it looks. I laid them out to take a picture and one of the boys said I misspelled HOPE. I coulda killed him. I then told him that I shoulda made one that said FAITH---faith in that Mom ain't gonna clobber him!
I'll take a picture when they're hanging at church.
6 comments:
A tassel will finish them very nicely. They really are very easy to make - I'm sure you'll do fine.
Hope would have worked too and not just for the reason your son was begging for, LOL. The banners looks wonderful and are sure to be a great addition to the sanctuary. Tassels in either color would work, I think but the white be a better choice since the lettering is white. Guess we will see when you show the picture of them.
Looks like they are moving along nicely on your new house area. My experience is that it goes in fits and starts. But it's so great to see it going up, and I'll enjoy watching this with you.
The banners for the church are beautiful. Trust a boy to give a mom a hard time. =)
Aren't kids the greatest!
You might want to stick some metal washers in your pocket when you go to hang the banners. They may need a bit of weight to hang down. (Just an idea I've used!)
It's going to be so fun to watch your new house being built. Your banners are wonderful!!
Oh how very exciting to see some work going on outside your window! I'm so happy for you and your boyz. Great job on the banners - very nice indeed.
Post a Comment