It's always hard when they fly the coop... hopefully for you he'll stay local as time goes by.
Hey did ya see me wave in your direction last week? You probably needed to squint as I was a distance away on my way to Kansas from TX... but I did wave at ya!
I feel your pain... our only child is moving into TU (Univ of Tulsa) on the 17th. I'm happy for her because she's happy, but it will be so quiet here without her! Maybe we can commiserate together! ;)
I'm not sure how I'll feel when our last offspring leaves home, but after two (out of four) leaving home and then one moving back and the other almost (he's fixing his house and it's not inhabitable at the moment) I have to say I'm just about ready to say: "Well my darlings, when was it again that you said you were leaving.....?"
It is an adjustment, once they leave, but you get a new schedule and routine down. They always find their way home for laundry and food. I've been there. It is always good to see them though.
YOur new look is darling! I am sorry your next one is moving out, I know just exactly what you mean, you are so happy for them moving on in life, but miss them so much.
I sympathize with you. Chad leaves a week from today but he'll be home every weekend. During the summer when he was driving me nuts, I was thinking how happy I'd be when he goes but as the days crawl past, I'm getting more and more sad about his leaving. Glad you'll be able to keep yourself busy. That house will seem real lonely for a few weeks.
Very cool update to the pages. Now it is an empty nest around your place? I bet not with those two precious babies nearby along with there parents in and out.
15 comments:
The new layout looks great!
Just have to let that child spread his wings...yes even if he does spend a lot of time at Eskimo Joe's place instead of studying.
I like the new look. Just remember you will now have a new place to visit!
It's always hard when they fly the coop... hopefully for you he'll stay local as time goes by.
Hey did ya see me wave in your direction last week? You probably needed to squint as I was a distance away on my way to Kansas from TX... but I did wave at ya!
I'll be thinking of you....
I love the new look too.
Love the new look!!!
Although it will be sad, I agree that it will be a new place to visit. :)
I love the new layout of your blog!
I feel your pain... our only child is moving into TU (Univ of Tulsa) on the 17th. I'm happy for her because she's happy, but it will be so quiet here without her! Maybe we can commiserate together! ;)
I really like the new look.
I'm not sure how I'll feel when our last offspring leaves home, but after two (out of four) leaving home and then one moving back and the other almost (he's fixing his house and it's not inhabitable at the moment) I have to say I'm just about ready to say: "Well my darlings, when was it again that you said you were leaving.....?"
The website is looking good! Hope your adjustment to an empty nest is not too difficult.
It is an adjustment, once they leave, but you get a new schedule and routine down. They always find their way home for laundry and food. I've been there. It is always good to see them though.
Have a great week.
How many new quilt shops are there between home and Stillwater.....love the new design. Have a great week.
Hugs, Barb
Nice & new - I liked the old version too...
YOur new look is darling! I am sorry your next one is moving out, I know just exactly what you mean, you are so happy for them moving on in life, but miss them so much.
I sympathize with you. Chad leaves a week from today but he'll be home every weekend. During the summer when he was driving me nuts, I was thinking how happy I'd be when he goes but as the days crawl past, I'm getting more and more sad about his leaving. Glad you'll be able to keep yourself busy. That house will seem real lonely for a few weeks.
Forgot to say . . I love the new look!
Very cool update to the pages. Now it is an empty nest around your place? I bet not with those two precious babies nearby along with there parents in and out.
Post a Comment