
Here are some of our girls. They were finding shade by a tree in the fence row.
We started cutting wheat underneath these little fans Monday about noon.

Actually sat at the base of this one to eat our lunch. Kind of a neat, but weird feeling to have that big thing whooshing overhead.
And then this big dark storm cloud had to come in and ruin the fun. We would've finished this field too!

Rain, hail, wind. And....I could see the windows down on my little red car.
We've dodged several rainstorms and the wheat is still out there waiting on us to come and get it. We'll be back!
6 comments:
Oh, my goodness! You're driving that big thang! I will think of you every time I buy flour or grain products!
Please explain to this non-farm girl...what are the big fans for? Out here I might think they are generating electricity. Maybe that is what your fans are?
Blessings!
I showed my dad the combine driver with flip flops. His comment "times have changed!) Yup! Sure have. I thought it was great...would make a great magazine cover! Keep on harvestin!
My DH works in wind energy (he's the guy with his wet finger held up to see which way the wind blows!) so I got a kick out of your photos. Thos e"little fans" -- LOL
Love to read your farming posts. That's an amazing photo of the approaching storm. Thanks!
Cute toesies! Great pics...thanks farmer girl. I hope you have a good harvest. We could not make it without you farmers. Thanks so much, hugs, Linda
I think is my first time to comment on your blog. Enjoy the farming shots....and by the way....thanks for the food you guys help provide for our tables!
I also enjoyed seeing the wind turbines. DH is a mechanical engineer and is doing a lot of reading about those. I'm going to share your photos with him.
Post a Comment