Friday, February 11, 2011

We're at a balmy 27 degrees with a high expected in the mid 40's.  I can handle that.  We got about 4" of snow and since most of the countryside has the white stuff, I'll spare you the pictures.  It's white, cold and kinda powdery...and I'm sure most of you have seen it before.


Good news....I'm traveling to Denton, TX next week (thursday) to meet Bonnie Hunter.  She's giving a trunk show and then a workshop on Saturday.  DH hasn't decided if he wants to tag along or not.  I travel quite a bit with my job, so driving 4 hours alone isn't a big deal.  I told him that I was going with or without him.  I think he wants to go just so I won't spend my limit at any quilt shops around. 


SPEAKIN' of which...any quilt shops in the area that anybody would recommend?

4 comments:

Mary L. said...

Cool. Hope you have a great time!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sparing us the pictures. HA! I have never been to Texas, so I can't recommend anything. Have a great time! (Oh, guess who is home sick now without her boys???)

Carol said...

I am in Texas and will be at that guild meeting! I am not a member, but have thought about joining and probably will at this meeting. I am south of there--but not far at all. I am going up to hear Bonnie. My bee will be at a retreat then so a few of us will be coming from there. (One of our Bee members has joined the Denton guild.) Denton used to have a fantastic shop but closed several years ago. There is a small one there and another one opened recently on the east side of town. BUT if you and hubby want to travel on about 30 minutes south, right on I35 in Lewisville is Quilt Country and is THE place in this area--very large shop. If you want more info on any of these, please let me know and I will send details. I really enjoy following your blog and life on a farm as well as quilting. I would love to meet you in person at the guild meeting! (I looked at your profile and Lonesome Dove is my husband's very favorite movie. He can almost quote the whole dialog!)

Carol said...

forgot one other thing---there is also a nice shop in Gainesville, just north of Denton and is just off the interstate on the town square. It's maybe 30 minutes north of Denton. Easy to find. I'm not sure exactly how you will be coming but assume you will get in I35 at some point. And there is a local diner nearby that makes homemade fried pies daily--if you get there before they are sold out!