Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Frozen Recipe

I've told several about this frozen slush that I make and decided to post it here.
You can make it any flavor/color or combination to suit your own taste...believe me, we've come up with some strange flavors at my house!

2 small pkgs. jello
2 pkgs kool-aid
2 cups sugar

Boil about 2 quarts of water and add to mixture. Stir until dissolved.
Add enough water to make a gallon.
Freeze! It takes a full day for this to freeze..and may not freeze solid overnight.

Okay..now, the fun part. Get out of the freezer and enjoy.

We've made this into punch--add partial orange juice or pineapple juice instead of about half of the water. And then add gingerale to it for a punch.

Instead of gingerale, add rum, vodka or your favorite alcohol for an adult beverage. (one glass at a time because I may not like as much rum in mine as the next person)

Add it to (vanilla) soft-serve ice cream for a smoothie. We've made this for concessions at ballgames to raise money.

This is great for when your 18 yr old has his tonsils out too!

Strawberry kiwi is one of our favorites....as is cherry. Strawberry is also good and add fresh strawberries to your drink.

We keep some of this in our freezer all summer. It's great when you're really thirsty. But...just remember....the color in kool-aid will stain.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Thanks for the recipe. I have one question. Can you make it sugar free. I know that you can get the jello and the kool aid in sugar free, but can you use splenda in place of the sugar? It really sounds great and I would like to try it, but Garry is diabetic.

~Mandy~ said...

Mama, that sounds good! Especially after a long, hot day in the fields! We are gonna do this recipe for havest FOR SURE! Thanks!