Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Quilted and Sold

(Yes, I'm slow...but I'm getting tired and old!)

This project turned out cuter than I ever expected it would. Here are some close-ups of the quilting. Janice (DIL) did the quilting on her Mom's longarm. I couldn't of asked for a better job.
























Here is the prize-winner (actually the son, but we know who's gonna claim it). I asked him if I could take a picture with his new quilt and he agreed. He was instructed to hang on tight to the quilt.





If you want to know (and remember that the quilt was auctioned) , it brought $350. Would've loved for it to bring twice that, but it actually brought 3x's what I had invested in it, so it was a success.

4 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

YAY! It looks like he will appreciate it & enjoy it.

BTW Happy New Year! (It all starts over starting NOW! Which is what we said on the first - well not me, I was off.)

Jenny said...

Wow! That looks awesome! Still a good hunk of change it brought in.

jacquie said...

it looks fabulous all finished up. i adore the quilting! congrats on the price it got...though i agree...should've gone for more!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! The new owner looks pleased! :o)