Thursday, November 08, 2007

Quilt Show Pictures

These are quilts that were sold at the recent MCC relief sale. Most of these sold for $800-$1700. There were beautiful quilts and some really simple. Very traditional-style quilts being made and sold. These were all made and quilted by the Mennonite and Amish churches in Oklahoma. (no, I didn't get to bring one home!) A very inspiring quilt show.












14 comments:

debijeanm said...

Gorgeous and inspiring! Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

Lily Mulholland said...

Wow. Some lovely quilts in there. The blue and white one is gorgeous!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful quilts!

Elaine Adair said...

I'm "Keeping as New" with these lovely photos. Especially like the clear colored stars with applique border, and HST border. Thanks for more inspiration.

Susan said...

Sweet dreams to be had on any of them.

*karendianne. said...

Boy these surely give a person the case of the "lets get going" and create! Lovely. I'm so glad you shared. Thank you.

CindyB said...

Those pvc frames are expensive. I wonder if there is away to hang the quilts on these frames so all the quilt can be seen. I was wondering because I need frames built to hand about 100 quilt before next fall. Cindy B

Barnyard Country Gifts said...

What a really beautiful quilts. Love them all.

Annemieke

Shelina said...

These are such beautiful quilts - they had me drooling. There is a large Amish population here in Ohio as well, but I haven't been to one of their sales yet. I can't afford a quilt, but it would be fun to just go see them.

Dawn-Marie said...

Wow those are gorgeous. It sure was hard to pick a favorite.

Dawn-Marie

Angela said...

Wonderful quilts.

Doodlebug Gail said...

Oh those are all lovely - my favourites are definitely the first photo and the second to last photo. What fun!

Susan said...

Gorgeous quilts. There are some Mennonite women who come to Phoenix every spring with quilts to sell. They usually are in Glendale at the doll store, and I always love to look at their quilts. I don't have any either!

Rose Marie said...

It would have been hard for me to walk away without buying one of these beauties!