Tuesday, August 22, 2006

First Day of School

Yesterday was the beginning of Troy's Sophmore year. Since I leave before he does and he gets home before me, I didn't have the honor of taking the milestone picture. Will get him later.


I did drag this old picture out. Man...were the boyz ever that little?

Troy is the youngest
Trent w/yellow shirt and
Travis holding Troy.

Glad I had them while I was young--what was I thinking? I know other Moms who had children closer in age, but thank goodness God didn't see that in my plan. I never would've survived....they're lucky that THEY survived! They'll probably be in therapy some day 'cause of their Mom! I always told them that thread was bio-degradable. I heard Troy tell one of his friends that he was allergic to white (they were talking about clothes). Heck, it worked...never had to buy white shoes or white t-shirts.

We've been blessed with rain the past week. Now (don't think I'm griping) the mosquitoes are thick! I was out chasing somebody's bottle calves last night because another somebody left the gate open. Grass about 8" tall can hide a lot of mosquitoes. I'm still itchy today.

Been sewing like a mad woman and my house shows it. I gotta stop and get caught up someday....someday will come eventually.

I've saved this picture because I keep thinking that this would make a good landscape/portrait picture in a quilt. Anybody make one? I have a book--but not ready to tackle it yet. ...someday!

9 comments:

Melzie said...

aw what cuties ;) Your other pic didnt show up I dont think.

Libby said...

How sweet they are. Mosquitoes -- yuck -- they do love me though *s*

quiltpixie said...

are you implying in your post that it isn't a mother's job to give kids something real to talk to thier therapist about? ;-)

Linda C said...

What good looking boys--and they probably would have your head if they saw it on here, LOL.

I think the someone in question is the one you were speaking of?

Doodlebug Gail said...

What a lovely picture! I take the obligatory "first day of school" photo each year ..... I wonder when I'll be banned from doing that - LOL. Happy that you got some rain, sorry about the mosquito's though.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Cute, cute, cute! I am so thankful for my digital camera so I can take tons of photos of my growing boy - he is only 3 and the time already seems like it is flying right by.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Pam said...

When I was pregnant with our first child the Dr asked me why I wanted to have a child so young (wasn't being critical, just part of the conversation, I loved this Dr!!!) I told him I wanted to have my babies while I was young 'cause I wanted to grow up WITH them.

Eileen said...

What little cuties. They grow up way too fast, don't they? Mine are 22 and 23 now. My mother's manual said that therapy is mandatory for kids when they get in their '30s, I think you have time.

Mary Johnson said...

Aren't they cute? I had my boys young too but there were only 2 of them. I was 22 when Chris was born and Adam came along 18 months later.

I love it now because they are both finished school and living on their own and I'm only 45. We see so many people our age and older with much younger kids and consider ourselves very lucky.