Wheat harvest has came early this year....probably close to two weeks early.


We got a few rains early this spring, but then it turned hot..so the wheat filled out and then shriveled.

I LOVE this picture. Tyler loves the noise of the combines and is always looking for the next one coming by.

He took half of Troy's hamburger...I'm always teasing DIL that she never feeds this kid. He's HUGE...and eats constantly.
It wouldn't be harvest if you didn't have hamburgers, doritos and kids.
I'm actually sewing some during harvest...but don't tell the guys that.
9 comments:
We were just talking about this as we drove home from Tom's surgery this morning. I commented about so many mimosa trees blooming...they usually bloom around the 4th of July here. Tom said he'd heard a lot of wheat was ready for harvest too and sure enough here is your post! Love the pics of the little ones joining in.
I miss harvest in Oklahoma...
visiting from the farm photo link-up. it is so neat seeing different parts of the country and timing on farming things. one blog i read in alberta just planted wheat this week, here in ohio we plant in the fall and harvest around july 4th and here i see you guys are harvesting in may.
hamburgers and doritos sounds like an awesome harvest food to me!!!
After baseball 6 mentioned about Alberta, I just had to comment! We love in Alberta :) and my husband is out tonight, finishing the canola planting. Most wheat has been in the ground for about 2 weeks, a bit later than usual because we've had such a cold spring. It's +55 degrees F tonight and there was a risk of frost last night. It's almost unbelievable that you are combining now! And how nice for you to be able to get some sewing done! I won't tell any of the guys :)
glad your sewing and not truck driving........hope harvest goes well...
The first photo (of combines unloading into the semi) just shocked me! I live in North Dakota, USA and are still planting. I forget that it is harvest in the south. Guess we focus so hard on our little part of the world sometimes. I like the picnic photos here too. It is common here - look for shadow and eat quick!
Annette
BTW: I found you via Farm Photo Friday.
Nice pictures. They're headed our way this week!! Terah from FarmChick
I always enjoy seeing your harvest pics. Gee, those kids are growing like little weeds! I'm glad you are getting some sewing time in too. I hope you have a great harvest!
nice job! embroidery digitizing service in us !
Post a Comment