I actually started this quilt right after Christmas when the couple first accounced they were getting married. Spring brings calving season, lots of road-travel for work, then comes harvest and to get a quilt ready is sometimes a big undertaking --okay, enough excuses. The truth is that sometimes I'm just slow!
![]()
This was taken outside on the north side of the house when the wind was gusting over 30mph.
Had to move toys out of the way to get this one...imagine that?!
![]()
You'll recognize the pattern as
Bonnie Hunter's Many-Trips pattern. How can you go wrong with it?!
![]()
Dean and Trent fighting the wind to get a picture of it outside for me.
![]()
One of the back. No, you can't see it too close, but I ordered this fabric from Fabric.com and was real happy with it. Had to piece it and had maybe an 8x11" scrap left. WooHoo!
I have to say that the whole quilt top came from my stash! It's lots of left-overs and pieces that I've been saving. Farm/cowboy/barbed wire/paisley/plaid/cow/wheat/tractor fabric. One of the ladies at the wedding shower said it looked like a farm-quilt...duh! The groom and bride are both involved in farming, and since it came from a farm-wife...she was definitely right!
Rachel showing that the quilt is kid-friendly. Has her horse ready too!
I think people have learned that if they want a quilt...they better tell me WAY ahead of time, or it's gonna be late getting there. This quilt was given away Saturday..and I finished it THREE whole days ahead of time. SO proud of myself!
OH..did I mention it was quilted by ME on my Nolting!
11 comments:
Love it! You can make me a 'farm' quilt anytime, and I don't mind if it is a little late.....just saying
Very nice! I love all the fabrics in it. I made one something like that a few years ago and it is one of my favorite scrap quilts!
The little one is sooooo cute!
Kristie
Saska, this one turned out great! Good Job! I have used this pattern of Bonnie's (only smaller) and it was really fun to do. I used a coordinating bundle of flannel fat quarters but have been wanting to do a whatever-is-in-the-stash one. This is motivating...thanks for posting. quiltinggranna
Nice! The receipient will be thrilled!
It looks utterly gigundously huge! Please tell me it's an optical illusion!! LOL!!!
Oh my goodness Girl! THAT is amazing! My new favorite quilt! You have to send Bonnie an e-mail with pictures! She would LOVE it! I have a big stash of western fabrics and this makes me want to go out and add to it! How big is that quilt anyway? What a beautiful gift! I know that the couple will treasure it forever! Just stunning! Would you mind if I added you nad your quilt to my Pinterest account? It's where I gather all of my favorites. I'll link to your blog (unless you rather I didn't). You must add this to Flickr too. People need to see your masterpiece! Did I mention that I love it?!
Saska....
Thanks for coming by and commenting and yes Rivers Edge Cottages are in Oklahoma....way down in the southeast part.
Your quilt is beautiful! I bet it is lovelier in person. My sister made one by this same pattern. I loved it! Lots of little squares to cut though. ;)
Blessings,
Cheryl
I love it!!
The quilt is beautiful!
The strawberries were dipped in melted white chocolate and then blue sugar. I got the blue sugar in the baking section at WalMart.
It's gorgeous. You should be proud of yourself getting it done in such a short time with all the other stuff you have going on. Farming is NO WALK IN THE PARK!
Yay, a fellow Okie, and a quilter - something I hope to be known as someday. That is one gorgeous quilt!
This quilt is beautiful!
Post a Comment