Thursday, October 01, 2009

Trip away from Home

Once in awhile, the job allows me to travel. Well, I do travel several days a week but I'm talking about TRAVEL..like GOING somewhere. This time we got to visit the neat place of St. Louis.


The other three girls I were with would NOT go up in this monsterious arch thingy. I think it's amazing and would've gone up, but they said they wouldn't allow me to go alone....so, I stayed on the ground and got a crick in my neck from looking up.


Of course we got to go to a ballgame. Just watching the people is hilarious.



Above is the picture before the zoom, and below is after zooming in. We actually had pretty good seats and we really enjoyed going.



Coming from western Oklahoma, it's just not every day that we get to see anything Major League of any kind.


How do they get the grass to do that anyway? Would that work in my yard?


I took all of my extra furs to the exchange building.And trees! This gal didn't know God created so many TREES!


Guess who did most of the driving? It's 10 hours to St. Louis and we did have to make a few pit-stops in the thankfully provided gov't suburban.
I want to go back to St. Louis sometime. But, I want to go in my own vehicle and not when I have to set in boring meetings most of the day.

4 comments:

Amelia said...

Loved all your little sly comments...best two things about traveling is eating out (that is a given) and people watching.

I doubt we get our grass to grow like that...too much red dirt.

Weekend is almost here...even retired I look forward to Sat and Sun.

julieQ said...

Isn't it fun to travel? I love to see new things, and looks like y'all had a good time!

Marla said...

OOOOO your post brings back hysterical memories of my sister,two girls and myself in St. Louis. We did go up int he arch....just after a thunderstorm! It sways! Alot! It was a terrifying! Perhaps I will blog on it...... Thanks for the memory.

Anonymous said...

How about revisiting St. Louis next June? Would I (and a lot of other people) ever love to meet you and give you a big ol' ((HUG))! And we could quilt and eat and gab and eat and quilt and...... Oh, sleep, too, I guess..

thanks for sharing all your pictures. I really enjoy them.

xxoo
neen