No, I'm not going on a trip (Lord knows I could use one), but this is what I've been working on. It's scrapy-trips from Bonnie's quiltville site. I'll post the link if anybody needs it. The blocks have all been sewn together, and it needs a couple of borders but this project works up really fast. And...right now I need fast for some graduation presents.

There are some really ugly stuff in this quilt, but it all goes together in something like this. Click the picture if you want to see UGLY!
11 comments:
Just proves my theory that if you mix ENOUGH different fabrics together the result is wonderful! It's looking great and another on my to-do list.
I think it looks great! I'm so ready to get back to sewing.
I am also working on one of these quilts. Are you finding that you have to adjust your pressing to get the seams to "nest" together nicely when you join the blocks together?
I am graduating....
from gravy school....do I get a quilt? Even if I failed....???
i can't remember who said it (it might have been Bonnie) ... if the fabric is ugly, you haven't cut it small enough yet
I think it is beautiful.
Maybe because it has so many different fabrics. CRUD ... another one to add to the list.
Hope you are not getting washed out by the rains.
When I have a show & tell at quilt group and say - oh, and I used up lots of my UGLIES in this... they all say -where, where, where! I think the trick is to hide them in a simple design that is beautiful as well. Good job. Cheers! Evelyn
Hey, this looks great. You can't tell any of these are ugly from a distance. I love it. It makes me want to do an ugly quilt too. Hugs, Linda
I love it so much! Isn't it funny that the uglier the individual fabrics are, the greater is all looks together. I will be following this one...yum!
I have the pattern to make one of these and seeing yours just make me want to dive in and start one! Love your layout.
If you think that's ugly then that ugly makes a very pretty quilt.LOL! I like the way you placed the colors.
Post a Comment