We were pelted with little frozen stones from the sky last night. .....actually twice. The ground has little dents where the hail hit the earth. These came down about 6:30pm and the second round came about 11pm. Two inches of rain and this hail doesn't compare to all of the damage sustained in OKCity...but we still didn't like it!

There's a chance of more storms tonight. It's gonna be a long Spring.
13 comments:
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen hail that size. I hope none of you or your critters or family got caught outside in that. It could have beat you to death!!
We had hail twice this afternoon..about the same size as in your picture. Didn't get but about 1/2 inch rain here in Pottawatomie county (or at least at our home).
Amelia
I haven't seen hail in AGES & then it wasn't that big.
Wow those look like a hand full of eggs. Ouch!
Dawn-Marie
If those storms show up, I sure hope they pass quickly. I've always hated hail storms.
Heard about the hail on the news. That stuff can just destroy things. Shredded my lilacs last year. How are things around the house?
Oh, dear, my hubby is headed that way tomorrow, will fly into OK City mid day and drive to his Mom's. Hope the storms have passed by then!
Did the hail damage your garden or other things that you have planted?
We only got 1-1/2 inches of rain, but plenty of hail the same size here in Custer County.
Wow those are huge - they look like eggs! We had some hail last year - one neighborhood was particularly hit - and then the repairs went into high drive - new roofs and repairs of cars. That's when I had my car accident, and I had a hard time finding someone to service it.
Wow, bet you are pleased the crops aren't at full head..or even height!
Can you insure your crops for hail damage there? We had one come through like that close to harvest a few years ago and wiped it all out, even my old rose bushes had all broken branches, hope any other storms are less huge, Tracey
Gosh, I knew it was bad weather, but those hailstones are huge!! It kind of skirted around here in North Texas...
i know that you are a okie girl, born and raised...but you are a trooper for living there, imho. one of my biggest fears growing up was having to endure a tornado (i'm sure "the wizard of oz" didn't help me any either!). they scare the begeebers outta me.
hope things have calmed down for you!!
tracey
Wow! i thought those were eggs at first!
Post a Comment