I was raised at Bessie and went to high school at Cordell. That was many moons ago. Love your blog. Thanks for leaving a comment on mine. It can be a small world in blog land.
Where do you live in Oklahoma? It will always be home to me. My daughter moved back there, my mother still lives there and lots of cousins. My husband is from Enid so we know the state very well.
Have you ever been to Meers close to Lawton in the Wichita Mountains? Great place.
I read more of your blog and we say POP. My son in law is from Wisconsin and he says soda. When I asked one of his brothers to go tot he friger and get me a POP, they looked at me so funny, and asked what I meant.
Hey! I used to live right down the street from Will Rogers big bust, ha! I'm very familiar with the "mountains" around Granite. I really do miss that place.
4 comments:
Enjoying the pictures of the western part of our wonderful state. I suppose this is part of your work territory.
In the Granite picture - who is the man in the picture - perhaps, Will Rogers?
I was raised at Bessie and went to high school at Cordell. That was many moons ago. Love your blog. Thanks for leaving a comment on mine. It can be a small world in blog land.
Where do you live in Oklahoma? It will always be home to me. My daughter moved back there, my mother still lives there and lots of cousins. My husband is from Enid so we know the state very well.
Have you ever been to Meers close to Lawton in the Wichita Mountains? Great place.
I read more of your blog and we say POP. My son in law is from Wisconsin and he says soda. When I asked one of his brothers to go tot he friger and get me a POP, they looked at me so funny, and asked what I meant.
Come back and visit me.
Maxine
David interviewed in Granite...we liked that little town...guess they didn't like us...lol.
Hey! I used to live right down the street from Will Rogers big bust, ha! I'm very familiar with the "mountains" around Granite. I really do miss that place.
Post a Comment