Thursday, March 13, 2008

Gettin' closer to Spring Break

What do you do when you find a BIG piece of that fake yucky fur that for some unknown reason I had stashed in my sewing room?

If you leave it on the floor, Rusty finds it and drags it over to where the rug is suppose to be.

This was taken BEFORE he found the skunk.


The bargello made it back from the quilter and I'm happy with it...it's not finished, but it's quilted. She did an all over paisley...swirley...something design on it. Don't know what it's called, but it satisfied me and it'll satisfy the recipient..who is going to get it for that masculine holiday in June.

Didn't realize till I already had this uploaded that there's a string in the middle. Okay..it needs binding and needs some strings trimmed. I still love the plaids and paisleys! Found some blue plaid for the binding. Still think those plaids multiply in my sewing room by themselves!


17 comments:

Norma said...

Ha,ha, the strings multiply too!

It is really lovely, lucky guy who gets that one!

That is one smart dog! He knows a good thing when he sees it........except for skunks maybe??

Linda said...

That quilt looks great, strings and all....I really like what you did with the borders. Hugs, Linda

Lindah said...

Me, too! --The inner borders are a very nice touch. It is sure to be well received!
I liked doing the bargello. I think there is another in my quilting schedule. --Got to do *something* with all these scraps.

Doodlebug Gail said...

That's really lovely and yes, absolutely perfect for your male recipient. Bet it's nice and cosy! It sure looks like it is.

Gail said...

Love the plaid bargello! In fact, its the only bargello that I would want to have. I've seen some that I like to look at, but no others that I would like to own.

Rose said...

I love that quilt. I like how you did the inner border. And the dog is nice, too.

Amelia said...

The plaids seems to make more masculine. The "Dad" will love it....he will remember all the love that went into its creation.

jacquie said...

He's going to love this! I can't get over how much our dogs look alike. They really could be twins. (Fudge is a bit pudgier, but she's getting up in years!)

Rose said...

That's beautiful. Lucky is the man who will receive it!

Ruth's Place said...

The quilt looks wonderful!

tami said...

Beautiful bargello quilt.
I pity you with the skunk. A neighbor's dog was playing with one the other morning and the smell was horrible and it wasn't even here.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I love it...and quilted already, you should be proud...cute dog, Tracey

Laurie Ann said...

Smart Dog!!! Bummer about the skunk. Yeck!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

The plaids look great - wonder how that pattern would work out with my DH's many tropical shirts? I am tired of ironing them and have already told him that they are history!

Rusty looks comfy - and a skunk is better than a porcupine any day, but smelly.

Cheers!
Evelyn

Shelina said...

It's beautiful and so manly. Hmm, I have some plaid flannel left from my shaggy quilt, I'll have to check and see if I have enough for a quilt!

Linda C said...

I like the band that separates the 1st and last panels from the body of the quilt, Saska. It flows so well into your border choice too. I bet you still haven't made a dent in all the plaids yet either.

First day of spring and the temps dropped around here and barely in the low 50s. What gives with that?

julieQ said...

Such a pretty bargello! Love the quilting, it brings it alive. Lucky recipient! Sorry about the skunk...been there and held my nose through that!