
It's still raining. We've had so much rain the past two weeks, we're considering building an ark next. For the weather service to issue flood watches and warnings for the prairie is quite alarming. It's just scarey thinking that one of these days it might quit and not rain again. Just how loud do we gripe? It NEVER rains like this.
House update: The electrician has worked for two days now and is making good progress. I talked to him this morning for about 2 hours and we're all on the same page. The cabinet guy came last night and we drew where all of them were going to be built, so we could center lights over certain parts of the kitchen. Some lights aren't going to be installed until the cabinets show up. The electrician has been good to work with.
I should also have steps to go down into the basement today. It's actually DRY! May sound funny, but I haven't been down in there yet. I don't climb DOWN very good..and it's definitely a climb down with the ladder to get in there. I'll wait on the staircase.
Appliances have all been picked out and final decisions are going to be made today. Cooktop and double ovens are going to be SO nice. I'm not going to endorse any product, but I definitely have my opinions on what I want. If you really want to know what I'm picking out, email me and I'll tell you what brand and why it's what I want. I've priced these appliances for months now and am please to find out that our local-owned appliance store is giving me the best price over any chainstore....and I didn't even have to ask him to lower his prices.
Sewing has been limited at my house and probably will be for a few more days. For some reason, there's always something else that needs to be done!
9 comments:
Heard the weather report this morning and thought of you--- stay dry... It's incredibly important that that basement is dry... give your builders and "Atta- Boy!!".
Oh dear - more rain, I am so sorry you're having to endure it all. I'm happy to hear that the basement is dry, that's a good thing!
Hey there! I wondered if you guys were getting washed away. It's rained almost every day since we moved here in Texas. My dad says we brought it with us.
Can't wait to see your house all gussied up and ready for you.
The house is looking/sounding fantastic!
I love the header photo you've installed, I just noticed it tho it may be days old, lol. Great shot.
Rain, rain, go away, come again another day...after HARVEST! Sending some drying winds your direction, Lord knows we have enough of it :)
I know what you mean about the rain. I'm pretty tired of it here too. I saw your e-mail about the OKC show and I meant to write you back and didn't and now I can't find it. What are the dates?
How do you harvest with all that rain??? It's so good to have the house roofed - workers can do things inside. And a dry basement in this weather means you probably won't ever have to worry about leaking! =)
Double Ovens? *Sigh* lucky girl! I've always wanted double ovens. Sounds like you are having fun picking out your goodies.
I have been watching the news reports about you guys. I hope it stops raining soon!
Post a Comment