Did you know that your Nokia 6030 cell phone won't work after it goes thru a front-loading washer?
There's a love/hate relationship with my phone. Living in boonie-ville western Oklahoma--cell phone towers are far and few between....but there are those who think they are a convenience.
So..I get brave and call Cingular--holiday and all, maybe somebody works on these days.
Yes!... a live human being.
Nope, you didn't purchase insurance with the phone when you switched from At&T to Cingular, so they won't help.
Nope, don't bother to try the sims card in your old AT&T phone because it won't work. Different phones, different companies. She tells me that I actually should have disposed of my old phone. (hmmmmm...why?)
Nope, they won't give me a new phone and a new one will cost at least $150...AND she won't actually give me the price for one! She tells me to try eBay.
Okay....I do have a few brain-cells because I don't use the cell phone that often, so my brain says "lets at least try the AT&T phone"...it's just laying dead in the junk drawer.
Re-charge the battery for 3 hours and wa-lah....old AT&T cell phone works with Cingular sims card. Whowouldaknew? Spare battery (yes, it did work) for the guys' cell phones too. NOT disposing of anything until it's ancient from now on (wait, that's normal for me)
Remind me NOT to wash THIS phone?! Only three months on the contract, so it'll be awhile before the guys have theirs worn out.
3 comments:
Must have been in the air, our granddaughter run her brothers MP3 player through the washer yesterday....still not sure if it is dead dead dead or not. I know she is in big doo-doo. What a way to end the summer.
Good for you -- not taking their word and buying a new phone. Who knows after the other dries well it could work again, too. Stranger things have happened.
Don't know if this will help...but read about it on another blog. Put your phone in your fridge for a three days...seriously...it could dry it out (this guy said it worked and was thrilled he didn't have to buy a new one...) He explained it as the same theory about uncovered food that will dry out if I remember correctly. Good luck.
Post a Comment