Whenever it rains in June, you count your blessings. All of the wheat-ground has been worked (or scratched as DH said) so the almost 3" of rain soaked right in. You can almost hear the earth saying "ahhhhhhhh, thanks for the drink".
Woke up this morning to the worse headache I've had in months. In a previous life I had them so bad I'd see cross-eyed. This was almost to that extreme. After a breakfast of waffles, sausage and an extra boy at the kitchen table, I relaxed with several cups of coffee, a nap, and a long hot shower..... headache is finally gone.
So....it's now Bernina time! Going to try to get the sashings put on this sunflower creation I've started. Since I'm digital camera-less, I'll show a picture of the first block made.
They are large blocks (about 17"--and yes that's an odd size, but it's what the fabric was already cut into), but I think it'll be a cute quilt. This is a gift going to Holcomb, Kansas to a sweet little girl. The sister claimed the first sunflower pillow I made, and she informed me that she'd like one too. So, to be different I'm making this sister a blankie.Since I'm in a posting-picture mood. Here's a picture of the first sunflower project.
This was paperpieced and something I hadn't done in awhile. Good old Bernie learned some new cuss words while I did this one. IF CindyB didn't live so far away, she'd help me with my PP. She likes to do it....I'm still practicing. I'll stick to piecing and machine applique till she and I move closer together! I actually had plans on making several of these PP sunflower blocks and making a bigger project. Wasn't going to happen. After I mailed this present, I even had to go visit the recipient and had to see it again! Remind me to ship things FAR away that I don't want to see again?!Red Bandana sashings and a colorful background and I think the appliqued sunflower quilt will be loved. Can't wait to see it finished! Sooooo...back to Bernie.
4 comments:
Maybe your headache was because you needed the weather to turn to rain too - atmospherics can play havoc with our bodies - really like the sunflower - can't wait to see the finished object
How bright and colourful that block is - thanks for the picture. I love paper-piecing, look at my Blog (Tuesday June 6) - this was my first PP project. I'm busy settling on the quilting designs.
Glad the headache is gone and I'm so happy for your RAIN.
Hugs,
Gail
Beautiful block! I'm also looking forward to seeing the finished project!
Glad your headache is better! My allergies are reminding me that I have them!
((HUGS))
Vicky
How can you not love sunflowers? :o) Give p.ping a chance...it ain't all that bad.
Glad that the headache has taken a hike!
Post a Comment